Sustainable soil quality and local feedstuffs
As an interface combining agricultural cultivation techniques, agricultural technology and business, agribusiness at Prolignis involves creating highly innovative and digitized production plants processing insects. Insects are healthy, environmentally-friendly sources of energy for animal feedstuffs and are a local alternative to feed imports. Another area is the production of soil substrates promoting healthy soils.
The opportunity of the future for greater sustainability
- Insects are a local protein source of the future and are a sustainable alternative to soy and fish meal imports that are harmful to the climate and environment. By using local waste products as feed for the insects, they become an essential key to developing sustainable circular concepts.
- We develop our own production plants, while also supporting customers with project management, planning, certification and operation.
Our soil conditioners and climate protectors
- In order to ensure that carbon is stored on a permanent basis, the absorption of biochar in soils is crucial. This also helps to retain and improve soil quality and health. As well are well aware: Healthy soil is the best safeguard against the consequences of climate change.
Closed nutrient and energy cycles
In Prolignis wood energy plants, waste wood from forests and agriculture is transformed into regenerative energy (heat, steam, cooling, electricity). Waste products from the incineration process are then returned to the soil as nutrient-rich ash. Biogas and biochar make valuable contributions towards soil health and climate protection in the circular bioeconomy. For example, as a fixer of carbon, biochar plays a crucial role in the soil.
Healthy energy for a secure future
- The origins of Prolignis lie in the energy-related uses for wood.
- Since the company was founded, we have successfully brought ten HolzEnergieWerk wood energy plants on to the network.
- We use only so-called waste wood that is created during the timber harvest in forests, or material from agricultural activities and road cutting.
- While we develop our own production plants, we also support customers with project management, planning, certification and operation.
Energy from waste and renewable materials
- The use of waste materials is environmentally-friendly and makes economic sense.
- Our staff have many years of extensive experience in biogas and bioenergy.
- We help customers in optimizing their existing plants.
For greater soil health and fertility
- Biochar has all kinds of potential uses: It can be marketed as barbecue charcoal, but in its highly-pure form and if manufactured to technically-superior standards, it can also play a major role in medicine. In between these two extremes, there are also options to use biochar in agriculture, landscaping and construction.
- We develop our own manufacturing plants, but we also support customers with project management, planning, certification and operation.